Women in Music: Break the Ceiling + Bridge the Gap
Although negotiation can be uncomfortable, it is a critical step to succeeding in the music industry. In this panel, we will explore the challenges women face in negotiating and share tactics to become a better negotiator. We will also explore the current status of the gender and wage gaps and the impact these barriers have had on women in our industry. You will learn how to successfully negotiate beyond those barriers to achieve a higher salary, opportunities for advancement, and more.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What challenges do women face in negotiating and how can we become better negotiators?
- What are the present states of the gender and wage gaps in the music industry and how can we negotiate beyond these?
- What can we all do (men and women alike) to close these gaps at both an individual and corporate level?
- Bridget Perdomo, Board Director, Women in Music
- Jennifer Newman Sharpe, CEO, Sparkplug
- Bea Koramblyum, VP, Business Affairs, Downtown Music Publishing
Jessica Sobhraj, President, WOMEN IN MUSIC, INC.
Show me another