You Can't Solve What You Don't Understand
Despite billions of dedicated dollars, we’ve failed to fix our nation’s schools – a story familiar to other critical social issues. This session introduces a new approach to reverse this story and enable lasting change, grounded in a simple insight: you can’t solve a problem you don’t understand. Learn about an innovative approach to mapping social systems that, drawing on the wisdom of thousands of stakeholders, created an unprecedented map of all the challenges facing quality STEM education.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Understand the core concepts underlying this innovative approach to mapping a complex social system.
- Learn how a map of a social system can chart the path forward to addressing key challenges and eventually enable long-term change.
- Identify how this approach could be used to address a social need you care about.
- Eric Berlow, Founder, Vibrant Data Labs
- Talia Milgrom-Elcott , Co-Founder and Executive Director, 100Kin10
- LaVerne Srinivasan, VP, National Program and Program Director, Education, Carnegie Corporation of New York
Pomai Verzon, Program Assoc, Strategic Initiatives , 100Kin10
Show me another