The Emergence of a New Model in Library Technology
Library technology is based on monolithic systems that lack key traits for success: the ability to create value for all users and leverage resources they don’t own. FOLIO, an open source project, aims to reimagine library software. It moves beyond Integrated Library Systems to a new paradigm, where apps are built by service providers on a platform, providing new services to users. The initiative is underway, with a strong community, modular architecture and a marketplace of apps and services.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Attendees will learn about the transformative nature of the FOLIO project.
- Attendees will learn how academic librarians are rethinking library workflows and imagining new services for faculty and students.
- Attendees will learn how FOLIO fulfills current functionality, while new apps and integrations with other software will address current challenges.
- Tania Fersenheim, Content & Applications Manager, Fenway Libraries Online
- Andrew Nagy, Director of SaaS Innovation , EBSCO Inforamtion Services
- Lynn Bailey, CEO, CFO , Index Data
Rachel Fadlon, Mktg Mgr SaaS, EBSCO Information Services
Show me another