Music: Technology 30 Years From Now
This panel will look at the Future of Music Technology by discussing what it might look like in 30 years. We'll start by exploring 30 years in the past (1983) and discuss the various parts of technology that have changed. As we approach the present, we'll discuss how the internet shattered the industry open. Finally we'll dive into the future and discus what to expect in 5, 10, and 30 years.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What do you remember about music and available technology in 1983 (30 years ago) ?
- What impact did the internet and Steve Jobs have on the industry? Did Steve Jobs do more than the internet combined?
- Will the music industry ever operate “in harmony” with music technology? What are some epic failures?
- Who will hold the key to the artist’s success? Will it be technologists?
- What trends do you notice for five years time? What does the distant future look like?
- Seth Hillinger, Organizer, rd11, inc
- Eliot Van Buskirk, founder, writer, Echonest
- Jason Herskowitz, Product man, Official FM and Tomahawk
- Paul Miller, Composer and Artist, DJSpooky
Seth Hillinger, Creative Technologist, rd11, inc
Show me another