Rebranding Research: Uniting Design & Science
Get together and network with fellow designers, scientists and researchers working to present data in new and exciting ways. Discuss the tangible benefits of utilizing design in complex research (educating the public, continuing/increasing funding, inspiring STEM students). Join an important conversation about the challenges of communicating data-driven concepts in a visual world, without sacrificing the discoveries that could change it for the better.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you use design to simplify complex data? Infographics? Graphics-based videos? Interactive websites?
- How can you better communicate the importance & benefit of design to the scientific and data-driven communities?
- What audience are you designing for? General public? Funding agencies? Students in STEM programs?
- Mathew Stelmaszek, Graphic & Web Designer, Texas Advanced Computing Center
- Hedda Prochaska, Web Designer, Texas Advanced Computing Center
Matt Stelmaszek, Graphic & Web Designer, Texas Advanced Computing Center
Show me another