AR: Museum-as-a-Platform for Artists & Educators
In 2017, augmented reality (AR) leaped into the mainstream lens through Pokemon Go, Snapchat, and Instagram filters. What happens when a museums gives creative license and charges the artists and educators, themselves, to experiment, interpret and challenge what it means to use AR? Explore the relationship between artist, institution/educators, and technologist as well as museums’ growing role as a platform for artists and creative digital experiences.
- What is the museums’ role as a platform for artists and creative digital experiences?
- Will augmented reality (AR) mature into a serious artistic/creative medium and how long will that journey take, if ever?
- What is the artists' process when working in emergent mediums that blur the lines between physical and digital canvas?
- Brendan Ciecko, Founder & CEO, Cuseum
- Christina Boomer Vazquez, Deputy Director of Marketing and Public Engagement, Perez Art Museum Miami
Brendan Ciecko, Founder & CEO, Cuseum
Show me another