Join The Ride: From Mobile to Android Wear 2.0
With Android Wear 2.0, the platform was finally ready for the Uber app. Teaming up with ustwo, the work began to bring the Uber experience to your wrist.
Using the actual implementation, we’ll show how we overcame challenges and created a wearable-specific experience, keeping the features and functionality of the mobile app while optimizing it for the new platform.
Presenting this story, we hope others will be inspired and confident to take on projects of this shape and size.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the biggest differences between building an app for phones/tablets and wearables?
- What challenges am I likely to encounter when extending my app experience to the wearable space?
- How can I build and launch a great Android Wear app?
- Christoffer Jakobsen, Senior Software Engineer, ustwo
- Yohan Hartanto, Senior Software Engineer, Uber
Casey Hopkins, Head of Mktg & Events, ustwo Studios
Show me another