Social Good and the Snowball Effect
The desire and motivation to do good spreads. Social impact has a snowball effect, and when one person speaks up, it has the power to permeate. In 2013, Rose Bretecher published an article on life with OCD. A world away, it inspired Aaron Harvey to start the non-profit, Intrusive Thoughts, which later drove Jordaine Chattaway to publicize her OCD battle. These advocates will discuss the power of the digital space and what’s to come for mental health advocacy.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What tools does the digital space provide sufferers that didn't exist before?
- How have advocates used the online space to speed up the rate at which information is disseminated?
- What tools are to come as technology evolves? How will it continue to unite sufferers? What problems might arise?
- Aaron Harvey, Founder, Intrusive Thoughts & Ready Set Rocket
- Rose Bretecher, Board Member, IntrusiveThoughts.org
- Jordaine Chattaway, Founder/Co-Director, The Modern Black
Lauren O'Shaughnessy, Mktg Coord, IntrusiveThoughts.org
Show me another