Implicit Bias and Gen Z Hiring
Generation Z (born after 1995) is the next wave of talent entering the workforce. They are highly diverse, globally connected, and have reinvented how we approach media. Companies have a lot of ideas about who they are but what does that say about our own biases? A common mistake in hiring is (unintentionally) letting implicit biases affect our hiring practices. This workshop will identify implicit biases, explore current hiring practices, and how they impact our hiring decisions.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Gain insight into unconscious bias.
- Learn what companies are doing to combat unconscious bias.
- Learn how unconscious bias impacts Gen Z when it is known to reject established media, is highly diverse and views itself as global citizens.
- KAREN LANDOLT, Lecturer, The University of Texas at Austin
- Daniel Liu, Senior Career & Talent Development Consultant, The University of Texas at Austin
Karen Landolt, Lecturer, The University of Texas at Austin
Show me another