How to Create Social Movements to Change the World
It all starts with an idea. People say an idea can change the world, but that doesn't mean it happens on its own. Join our panel of social movement-makers in their discussion of how they initiated social change from idea to reality. Speakers include: Bill Mott, founder of World Oceans Day, Eric Facas founder of Rally Starter, Rotimi Rainwater, director of caused-based film projects, and Niyanta Spelman, who launched World Rainforest Day in 2017.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Where did the idea of your social movement begin?
- What avenues did you take to spread your idea and give it momentum?
- What are your next actions once the movement has taken off?
- Bill Mott, Director, The Ocean Project
- Niyanta Spelman, Executive Director and Founder, Rainforest Partnership
- Rotimi Rainwater, Director, Village Entertainment Inc
- Eric Facas, Founder & CEO, Media Cause
Delainey Peterson, Executive Assistant , Rainforest Partnership
Show me another