Tackling the Opioid Epidemic with Virtual Reality
The opioid epidemic is draining mental health resources, forcing communities to develop creative solutions. Virtual reality is emerging as an attractive tool, particularly given the increasing tech-savvy segment of opioid abusers. Solutions are being developed through multidisciplinary teams of technology, provider and legal experts. This SXSW panel will feature experts in these disciplines actively solving actual operational and regulatory challenges.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is virtual reality currently being deployed to solve mental health problems?
- What are the unique operational challenges for healthcare providers who deploy virtual reality for patients?
- What are the legal and regulatory challenges to deploying virtual reality solutions for opioid abusers?
- Matthew Stoudt, CEO, appliedVR
- Rik Peters, CIO, University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
- Julian Rivera, Health Law Partner, Husch Blackwell
Julian Rivera, Partner, Husch Blackwell LLP
Show me another