Arts at CERN: when art meets science
An artist examining the smallest things in nature with the largest experiment ever? The Arts at CERN COLLIDE Artists Residency Award offers a unique opportunity to artists and particle physicists to join forces in addressing imagination, creativity, and perceptibility matters while exploring the CERN and its Large Hadron Collider. Let's learn more about this initiative from the most important scientific institution in Europe together with its director and residents.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Can art and design perceive the imperceptible?
- How can design principles be inspired by fundamental particles and the way these are described by physicists?
- Is it possible that different ways of interpreting the world can merge into a unique language?
- Monica Bello, Head of Arts at CERN, Arts at CERN
- Laura Couto Rosado, Product and interaction designer , Digital Alchemy
- James Beacham, Particle physicist , ATLAS group, The Ohio State University, CERN
- Cécile Vulliemin, Project leader for art/science programs, swissnex Boston
Cécile Vulliemin, Project leader for art/science programs, Swissnex Boston
Show me another