Diversity’s Crucial Role in AI and Emergent Tech
While testing Oculus, StubHub’s Bärí A. Williams realized the world’s most sophisticated AI technology couldn’t detect her curly hair: a tell-tale sign of a lack of diversity on its design team. In this session, Bärí and Steven Aldrich of GoDaddy will discuss the need for diverse engineering teams at the inception of AI design, as well as the important opportunity to build diverse voices into emergent technology as we launch into the next era of technical innovation.
Additional Supporting Materials
- The future of AI hinges on code, training data, and algorithms: how can teams avoid bias when developing those crucial foundations?
- What are the most important industries into which we can embed diversity into emergent technology within the next 5 years?
- How do we find and build the diverse product and engineering teams that are needed to develop these technologies?
- Bärí A. Williams , Head of Business Operations, North America, StubHub
- Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer, GoDaddy
Chloe Guillemot, Account Executive , LaunchSquad
Show me another