Overhead Transit: Cable, Hyperloop, PRT & Drones
Urbanization is creating a congestion crisis in and between cities. But when we go to add mass transit we find little usable eminent domain. The streets and highways are full. Yet if we look up we find space in fields or between buildings & above streets. This session will examine technologies that can add mass transit in that overhead space. Urban Cable, Personal Rapid Transit, Hyperloop and Aerial Taxis. The technology amplifies other modes leading to Smart Transportation Cities.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can we effectively infill mass transit when traditional routes are blocked by existing infrastructure?
- How can Fixed Route Mass Transit better support the disruption of autonomous vehicles & transportation as a service without paying a severe cost?
- What effective technologies are there besides train, bus & car that cost less than subway?
- Jared Ficklin, Partner & Creative Technologist, argodesign
- Richard Garriott, Co-Founder, USA PRT
- Steven Duong, Senior Urban Designer, AECOM
Soneri Chaturvedi, Marketing assistant , Argodesign
Show me another