Diversity in Edtech: It's Not a Pipeline Problem
Diversity is essential in edtech organizations. Unfortunately, women and people of color are still grossly underrepresented. Increased transparency around diversity statistics has served as a wakeup call for the tech industry, but that's not enough. Many companies and organizations are not equipped to change their recruiting, hiring and cultural practices to hire and support diverse teams. This session will move the conversation beyond the "pipeline problem" and into practical solutions.
- To get beyond trends and buzzwords and provide participants with the knowledge and tactical skills they need to increase and sustain diversity.
- To understand the role implicit bias, stereotypes and insularity play in organizations, and how to move the conversation beyond the pipeline problem.
- To explore how organizations evolve, from process to product, when teams become more diverse and office cultures become more equitable and inclusive.
- Alex Rappaport, Co-Founder and CEO, Flocabulary
- Tonika Cheek Clayton, Managing Partner, New Schools Venture Fund
- Jessica Santana, Co-Founder, New York On Tech
Alex Rappaport, Co-Founder & CEO, Flocabulary
Show me another