Airbnb’ing Supply Chains: Distributed Production
What does the potential of distributed manufacturing and the maker paradigm mean for future production? New digital fabrication technologies allow us to redefine the concept of the factory, of our supply chains & mass production all together. But exactly how will this work? And how soon? In this panel leading business leaders, who are already building new business models around distributed digital manufacturing, will discuss the opportunities and pitfalls of production in a new digital era.
- What does distributed manufacturing and the maker paradigm mean for future production?
- Makers worldwide are convinced future manufacturing will happen locally and sustainably - but what says the traditional manufacturing industries?
- What is the promise of flexible factories with short batch local production? Will this even work - and how?
- Jonathan Steiner, Creative Director & Co-CEO / Founder, OpenDesk
- Erick Thürmer, CEO, Thürmer Tools
- Christian Thams, Head of BeoCreate, Bang & Olufsen
- Julie Hjort, Program Director, Danish Design Centre
Christian Bason, CEO, Danish Design Centre
Show me another