#NSFWatSXSW Your Professional Networked Community
In 15 years, we’ve gone from “Bowling Alone” to being hyper-connected online both personally and professionally. Online communities form for personal enrichment, professional networking, and social learning. How do they help or hurt individuals, organizations, and industry? What challenges and barriers arise for community organizers? When it comes to the workplace, what happens when our online and offline life converge? Implications for both individuals and employers will be discussed.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why do networked communities matter for professional practice and industry?
- What are the benefits and challenges in these professional networked communities?
- How do we (employer's, employees, or industry) deal with these digital communities or networked professionals in the workplace?
- Amma Marfo, Speaker and Facilitator, Fun Enterprises
- Josie Ahlquist, Research Association & Leadership Instructor, Independent Digital Leadership Educator, Florida State University
- Liz Gross, Market Insights Manager, Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation
Laura Pasquini, Lecturer & Researcher, University of North Texas/Royal Roads University
Show me another