The Mad Scientist vs.The Mad Maker
Makerspaces are growing in schools around the country and some think that they are for STEM uses only. This presentation will explore the value of STEAM and Makerpaces through the eyes of a "Mad Maker" and a "Mad Scientist" demonstrating various activities and their application in education. Filled with humor and ready to go projects, attendees will walk away with a stronger understanding of the relationship between STEAM and Makerspaces.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Attendees will understand the benefits of adding the Arts to STEM.
- Attendees will take away several examples of STEAM projects they can use in their classroom.
- Attendees will be able to communicate the value of having a Makerspace in their school.
- Nicholas Provenzano, Makerspace Director, University Liggett
- Collen Graves, Teacher Librarian , Denton ISD
Nicholas Provenzano, Makerspace Dir, University Liggett
Show me another