Hacking the Opioid Epidemic
Hacking the Opioid Epidemic: How Behavioral Science Can Help Us Combat America’s Most Pressing Health Crisis
Overwhelmed by the prevalence of opioids, the nation’s hospitals have become the front line in a war on addiction. Thankfully, we have a secret weapon: behavioral science. By analyzing data and making small but critical changes, we can meet the challenge head-on. This panel of experts will share the most effective hacks hospitals are already using to slow the tide of the epidemic.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are some examples of behavioral science “hacking” the fight against addiction?
- How should hospitals change their practices to better diagnose and treat addiction?
- What lessons should policy makers learn from the available data on addiction?
- Sam Quinones, Journalist/Author, N/A
- Sandeep Kapoor, MD, Director of Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment , Northwell Health
- Silvia Martins, MD, PHD, Co-Director of the Substance Abuse Epidemiology Training Program at Columbia University, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- Karen Horgan, President, VAL Health
Daniel Astrachan, Senior Strategic Account Manager, VAL Health
Show me another