Finding, Supporting & Organizing Large Public Art
This panel will address key issues, challenges and processes for sourcing, facilitating, and enabling the installation of large scale but usually fleeting public artworks for festivals in places as uniquely different as Burning Man in Nevada’s Black Rock desert and ArtPrize in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Are there common principles to how large festivals like Burning Man, ArtPrize, and SXSW change to maintain audience / remain interesting and relevant?
- Your festivals are commonly thought of as celebrations for temporary art works, are you developing interest in longer-term, more permanent, artworks?
- Please share an interesting cautionary tale or a surprising story about Burning Man or ArtPrize festivals engaging with artists or large community.
- Mark Holzbach, CEO / President, Tiny World Tours & The Plant at Kyle LLC
- Kevin Buist, Exhibitions Director, ArtPrize
- Kim Cook, Director of Arts & Civic Engagement, Burning Man
Mark Holzbach, CEO / President, The Plant at Kyle LLC & Tiny World Tours
Show me another