Episodic TV: How Filmmakers Can Ride the Wave
In the age of cinematic television, how does a filmmaker actually get work and navigate the TV business? This panel of experienced TV and episodic directors, producers, and facilitators will discuss how independent filmmakers can best break into the TV industry, make the transition from film to episodic, and ride the peak TV wave.
- What are some paths a filmmaker can take to break into directing episodics?
- What are the biggest differences between directing for TV and film?
- What are the different processes for getting your own show made versus getting hired on an existing show?
- Liz Nord, Editor-in-Chief/Lead Producer, No Film School
- Steph Green, Director, Represented by UTA
- Philip Traill, Director, Cuckoo’s Nest Entertainment
- Jennifer Goyne Blake, Senior Manager, Episodic Story Lab, Sundance Institute
Liz Nord, Editor-in-Chief/Lead Producer, No Film School
Show me another