Building Consensus for Personalized Education
The transition to a personalized and mastery-based system is no small undertaking. State and school leaders must be prepared with thoughtful messages and communications strategies to gain buy-in and overcome myths and negative messages. Results of national message testing will be presented. The session will be interactive include real-life examples and discuss effective strategies. Participants will have the opportunity to craft their own unique vision and practice answering tough questions.
- Examine the different definitions being used and practice the best ways to promote the vision of personalized learning.
- Learn the results of national message testing efforts and lessons learned from recent state efforts to communicate initiatives.
- Identify the myths and most frequently asked questions of these new models and prepare sample responses.
- Joe Follick, State Communications Director, Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Cris Charbonneau, Vice President, Communications and Marketing, KnowledgeWorks
- Patrick Ruffini, Co-Founder, Echelon Insights
Karla Phillips, Policy Dir, Foundation for Excellence in Education
Show me another