Activate College-Thinking: Tips & Tools
Access to 4 year universities for high-achieving, low-income, underrepresented students is a challenge. By changing how we teach college access, we can help more students. Learn interactive teaching tools that go beyond worksheets & PowerPoints. You’ll build towers to understand the stages of the writing process for personal statements; become a scholarship committee member & select recipients to understand the selection process; & take a virtual field trip via Aurasma to build a college list.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Strengthen engagement strategies on topics related to college access & better understand the issues of disparities in education & college access.
- Learn hands-on methods to help develop students’ leadership skills, including public speaking, taking initiative, problem solving & power skills.
- Develop an in-depth understanding college structure, college admissions requirements, college application process and financial aid.
- Cristina Fernández, Senior Director, Programs, Tiger Woods Foundation
- Eric Moore , Senior Director, Programs , Tiger Woods Foundation
Cristina Fernández, Sr Dir of Programs, Tiger Woods Foundation
Show me another