Scientist-Teacher-Youtuber: Paths to Online Edu
There are many paths you can take to become an online educator. We are three educational creators with diverse backgrounds and training, yet we all have found a place to teach on YouTube. Come hear how we made our journeys from Researcher, to Classroom Instructor, to YouTuber. We will discuss how your background influences your teaching style; how to know what level to aim your teaching; and whether you identify as a teacher even if you are not in the classroom.
- Understand the different avenues for instruction—you don’t have to restrict your career to a classroom teacher thanks to online opportunities.
- Explore the enormous amount of intellectual freedom you have when creating educational content on YouTube.
- Learn about the wider and more diverse audience you can reach teaching online versus in your classroom.
- Kimberly Harrison, Co-founder, Socratica
- Kristen Procko, Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Saint Joseph
- Claire Hopkins, Content & Community Manager, Brilliant Botany
Kimberly Harrison, Co-founder, Socratica LLC
Show me another