How to Tell Stories When Everyone's a Storyteller
In a desire to tell “authentic” stories, we sometimes feel pressured to say everything in its entirety. However, a tell-all doesn’t necessarily lend itself to authenticity or good storytelling. Panelists Cass Jewell, Joe Porter, Erin Feldman, and Mason Ballard will discuss how editing isn’t at odds with authenticity during their session—in fact, editing could be the very thing that gets to the truths buried in the details and helps stories stand out when everyone's telling them.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How much responsibility do storytellers have to the truth?
- How can we become better storytellers so that our stories stand out in an age when everyone has a platform and a tale to share?
- How can edited stories better reflect humanity and even construct identity?
- Erin Feldman, Content Writer, Editor, and Strategist, Write Right
- Cass Jewell, Director of Communications, Heights Church
- Mason Ballard, Pastor of Vision and Preaching, Resurrection Church
- Joe Porter, Communications Director, Whitewater Crossing
Erin Feldman, Content Writer, Editor, & Strategist, Write Right
Show me another