IntegrateUS: Organizing for Integration and Equity
Workshop organizers will discuss collaborative efforts to address school segregation and integration across the U.S., from Texas to New York. Teachers, community members, and student voices will be represented in the discussion.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will learn some of the history of school segregation & integration in the U.S. in order to contextualize what our schools look like now.
- Participants will understand that school segregation is a problem across the U.S.
- Participants will acquire tools and information to begin addressing school integration in their communities.
- Sarah Camiscoli, Founder and Executive Director, Integrate NYC 4 Me
- Laura May, Teacher, Austin Independent School District
- Rocio Villalobos, Community Outreach Coordinator, Texas Appleseed
Rocio Villalobos, Community Outreach Coord, Texas Appleseed
Show me another