Making the Real-Time University Real
While there's still a strong bias toward traditional, four-year colleges, there shouldn't be. Let's face it: In today's fast-paced, ever-changing world, courses are often obsolete the moment they make it to the catalogue. What's needed is a real-time university, one that provides the know-how exactly when and where one needs it, with credentials that make students insta-employable. This collaborative, design thinking-inspired workshop will explore how to fully realize the real-time university.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Define where (universities, businesses, career tech, community colleges) & how (alternative credentialing, badging) higher ed learning occurs.
- Identify the opportunities of and barriers to actually creating a real-time university experience.
- Utilize design thinking principles to develop creative solutions for making a real-time university a reality.
- Lauren Della Bella, President, SHP Leading Design
- Brian David Johnson, Futurist, Arizona State University--Center for Science and the Imaginaiton
Tory Kennedy, Communications Team Member, SHP Leading Design & The 9 Billion Schools movement
Show me another