LIVE FROM THE QUAD: Higher Ed & Live-Streaming
Facebook Live, Periscope, and YouTube Live broadcasts are happening at universities the world over - but not just students talking in their dorm rooms or in the quad. Universities themselves, such as Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, and Univ. of Michigan are figuring out ways to use these platforms in the classroom and across campus. From faculty engagement, to admissions engagement - this panel aims to discuss the state of social livestreaming and impact it has on college campuses around the world.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can professors and other faculty take advantage of social live-streaming? How might students use social-live streaming for learning?
- How could a university represent its wider intellectual life; and use livestreaming to support community learning and engagement beyond campus?
- What are some of the best tools and tips for running livestreams when you have to serve as on-screen talent?
- John Colucci, Social Media Director, Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Nikki Sunstrum, Director of Social Media, University of Michigan
- Will McGuinness, Social Media Strategist, Columbia University
- Laura Kelly, Social Media Manager, Carnegie Mellon University
John Colucci, Social Media Dir, Sinclair Broadcast Group
Show me another