Making Politics Popular (Like Puppies)
Donald Trump and other politicians are using social media to bypass the media and get their message straight to the public. So what can news organizations do to get their political content noticed? In this interactive session, panelists will share their experiences and research on what makes news content – specifically political content – go viral. Attendees will leave with new, creative ideas for how to better reach their social media audience ahead of the 2018 election.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the most important qualities of a social media post that link to virality?
- How do you get digital audiences to pay attention to political content?
- How can news organizations get more creative with their social media?
- Ashley Muddiman, Assistant Professor , University of Kansas
- Trevor Eischen, Social Media Editor, Politico
- Patrick Costello, Co-founder, Chief Strategy Officer, Naytev
Katie Steiner, Communications and Program Coord, Engaging News Project - University of Texas at Austin
Show me another