Secret Sauce of a District's Success: Data Chats!
In 2017, Miami-Dade accomplished an historic achievement. For the first time ever, there is not a single district-managed “F” school. How did they achieve this feat? A districtwide effort to conduct regular data chats to encourage growth and deeper learning. Regular data chats helped educators use real-time assessment data to identify challenges and empower students to own their growth. Join district experts as they share their experience and model effective data chat strategies.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Educators will understand the information necessary to have effective data chat conversations with their students
- Leaders will learn about the kinds of meaningful data required to help administrators and school leaders implement a cycle of improvement
- All participants will learn strategies for helping students review, understand, and explain their data and set goals for continued growth.
- Marie Izquierdo, Chief Academic Officer, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Kenneth Tam, Executive Director of Personalized Learning and Assessment, Curriculum Associates
Marie Izquierdo, Chief Academic Officer, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Show me another