#PD2A: PD to Action - From Anywhere
Harness the power of social media and digital tools to reenergize your professional learning–whether you’re providing or receiving it. Use or create powerful instructional videos, blogs, Twitter chats and more on your own timeline. Engage with a panel of respected digital and social media practitioners who will reflect on their successes and struggles in using these tools to improve teaching and collaboration. Bring your questions, ideas, and devices.
- Understand the unique context and potential pitfalls encountered through using social media and digital tools to improve instructional practices.
- Learn about recent research and emerging uses of instructional videos, blogs and Twitter chats that can be applied for professional learning.
- Use social media platforms to exchange content knowledge & demonstrate best practices for improving instruction.
- Denise Thornton, Professional Learning Facilitator, K-12 Services, The Charles A. Dana Center, The University of Texas at Austin
- Brian Bushart, Curriculum Coordinator, Elementary Mathematics, Round Rock ISD
- Lisa Brown, Course Program Specialist, The Charles A. Dana Center at the University of Texas at Austin
- Darrell Emanuel, Secondary Math Curriculum Specialist, Round Rock ISD
Denise Thornton, Professional Learning Facilitator, K-12 Services, UT Charles A Dana Center
Show me another