Time's up: EdTech needs a common data standard!
Districts, charters, and EdTech vendors across the country have made a commitment to prioritize data interoperability in education. But unlike other industries, EdTech has built walled gardens without a unified data standard that would empower students and teachers. Leaders from the most innovative school systems and education organizations will share challenges of personalized learning in an increasingly technological, K-12 education landscape that has not settled on a common data standard.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Articulate the challenges that EdTech vendors face in product development without an industry-wide data standard
- Explain the risks associated with having multiple data standards to achieving data interoperability and personalized learning in EdTech
- Explore the benefits of a common data standard for schools, teachers, and students
- Erin Mote, Executive Director, InnovateEDU
- Mike Baur, Program Officer, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
- Cody Grindle, Vice President, Information Systems, IDEA Public Schools
Brandon Pham, Chief Strategy Officer, InnovateEDU Inc
Show me another