EdTech: Separating the A+ from the BS
A panel for cynics and optimists alike. How do you define, spot and start fixing hype in edtech? Panelists will identify the traits of edtech BS, and offer advice to educators and edtech companies about setting expectations and goals for the positioning and use of their products. The panel brings together experts to consider how hype interacts with real outcomes, messaging and media so that audiences can learn to tell when others are full of it, and how to avoid seeming full of it themselves.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Bring together diverse expert perspectives to approach the issue of hype in edtech from varying angles: media, marketing and industry pros themselves.
- Offer audiences tangible ways to recognize what's BS in edtech, share insights on how it can be avoided, and discuss how to differentiate from it.
- Assess what can we do to ensure we ourselves communicate about our work with substance, not hype - avoid empty words, find new ways deliver message.
- Goldie Blumenstyk, Senior Writer, Chronicle of Higher Education
- Gordon Freedman, President , National Laboratory for Education Transformation
- Phil Komarny, Chief Digital Officer, University of Texas System
- Alex Slater, Managing Director, Clyde Group
Ryan Myers, Mgr, Clyde Group
Show me another