A Holistic Approach To China's Music Industry
Over the past few years, China has witnessed a transformation in its music market. Led by government efforts to legitimize the market, the growth of streaming and changing consumer behavior, it is now one of the fastest growing. But major challenges confront overseas artists and labels, from the Great Firewall to cultural differences and business practices. The panel will present a concrete roadmap to harnessing the Chinese market, from releasing music and promoting artists to touring.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do I promote my music with Western social media platforms such as YouTube & Facebook being blocked?
- How is changing consumer behavior, particularly among Chinese youth, impacting music discovery?
- What are key differences that must be considered when organizing a tour in China?
- Eric de Fontenay, Founder & President, MusicDish
- Mathew Daniel, Vice-President, International, NetEase Cloud Music
- Susan Wang, Marketing Director, STARSING MUSIC GROUP
Eric de Fontenay, Founder & President, Music Dish
Show me another