RegisterRight!: The ABCs of Protecting Your IP
Creating a song, script, app, invention or business is just the beginning of any creative’s journey. Too often that can also be the end of the road. Because when creatives focus solely on the creative process without adequately protecting their intellectual property, they leave their copyright, trademark, and patent rights at risk or forever lost altogether. The rules are complex and confusing. This panel explains the specific steps every creative needs to take to protect their IP rights.
Additional Supporting Materials
- 1. What are the definitions of, and differences between, copyright, trademark, patent rights?
- 2. How are intellectual property rights created and what does each type of IP protect?
- 3. What are the specific initial steps creatives should to take to register their copyright, trademark, and patent rights.
- Tonya Evans, Professor of Law, University of New Hampshire School of Law
- Shontavia Johnson, Professor of Law, Drake Law School
- W. Keith Robinson, Professor of Law, SMU Dedman School of Lawlaw
Tonya Evans, Professor of Law, University of New Hampshire School of Law
Show me another