Diversity in Podcasting: Righting the Ratio
Podcasting is a booming business: it’s seen a 40% lift in audience over the past two years and revenue is nearly doubling year over year. However, there’s one major pain point: diversity. Podcasting is mostly white, straight, and male. As of mid-2017, a majority of the top 100 podcasts were hosted by straight, white men. Join a diverse panel of podcast hosts and pros from Gimlet Media, WNYC Studios, and more who are working to right the ratio and increase diverse voices in podcasting.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the top question about diversity in podcasting that you are tired of being asked? And what do you wish someone would ask you instead?
- Why are podcasts so white and what can organizations do about it?
- What do you hope for the future of podcasting and diverse voices?
- Brittany Luse, Host, The Nod, Gimlet Media
- Aminatou Sow, Host + Founder, Call Your Girlfriend podcast, TechLady Mafia
- Tobin Low, Co-host and Producer, WNYC Studios
- Joymarie Parker, Digital Strategist, Co-Host, Joblogues
Kevin Turner, Dir, Communications, Gimlet Media
Show me another