Your Desk Job Makes You Fat, Sick and Dead
The productivity of the average worker has skyrocketed thanks to technology, but it comes at the price of a sedentary lifestyle. Mounting research suggests that sitting at your desk for eight hours a day can have a dramatic impact on your health. In the 1960s, nearly half of all jobs required physical activity. Today, less than 20% do. From 1980 to 2000, the time Americans spent sitting increased by only 8%, while exercise rates stayed the same. The result? Obesity doubled. With the technology to support mobile workstyles and a remote workforce, why are any of us still caught in the quagmire of the daily commute to our deadly desks, and will we ever see the day where big business decides to kill the office instead of its workers? The answer is YES! And it’s already happening. A revolution in remote work is afoot (startups take note!) In this session we’ll look at the facts about “workshifting” and remote workers and why it's the healthy choice for your business and the human body.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What's the business case for supporting a remote workforce? Will you really save money and increase productivity? Will your workers really be happier and healthier and what does that do to your bottom line?
- What are the steps in moving your team or company from the desk job to the home office?
- How do we know getting rid of the office is healthier for your team or company? Why you need a wellness program to keep your team from becoming fat, sick and dead.
- What kind of technology is absolutely essential for ditching the office and going remote?
- How do you settle in to "workshifting"? What challenges can you expect and how do you navigate them? How do you "GoROWE" and implement a Results Only Work Environment?
- Richard Leyland, CEO and Founder, Worksnug
- Jon Froda, Co-Founder and head of Communications , Podio (Citrix)
- Cali Williams Yost, CEO and Founder , Work+Life Fit, Inc.
- Cali Ressler, Founders of CultureRx and creators of the Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE), Founders of CultureRx
Lilly Hanscom, Communications Manager, Citrix Podio
Show me another