To educate about the amount of food that goes into landfills in the US and to discuss individual and community methods of how to prevent food waste or divert it from landfills.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will participate in an interactive discussion about food rescue.
- Participants will be educated about commercial ‘use by dates’ and ‘expiration’ dates on food.
- Participants will listen to UT nutrition students describe how they use rescued food to address food insecurity.
- Diane Papillion, Faculty/Lecturer, University of Texas at Austin
- Natalie Poulos, Lecturer/Faculty, University of Texas at Austin
Diane Papillion, Faculty/Lecturer, The University of Texas at Austin
Show me another