Developing in a Creative Cluster: AR/VR in Austin
AR/VR development is spread across the world, but many developers gravitate towards “Creative Clusters,” cities with a complementary array of technological and artistic industries working in the same space. Austin has become one of the top cities for AR/VR, with the second largest VR meet up in the nation, and hundreds of companies working in AR/VR. This panel features developers and business owners discussing their reasoning for setting up shop in Austin. How does VR fit into a Creative Cluster?
Additional Supporting Materials
- What defines a Creative Cluster? Why are Creative Clusters important to both the lives and the development process of AR/VR developers?
- How does the VR development community fit into the other creative industries in a Creative Cluster like Austin?
- How can cities cultivate a Creative Cluster of industries, and attract and retain a thriving AR/VR community?
- Michele Martell, Media and Technology Attorney, Martell Media House
- Cy Wise, Studio Director, Owlchemy Labs
- Patrick Curry, CEO, Farbridge
- Deepak Chetty, Lecturer, University of Texas at Austin
Minh Vu, Sr Mktg Coord, Texas Film Commission
Show me another