Starting the Internet All Over Again
On the Internet, all of the power seems consolidated with a few companies like Facebook, Google and Amazon. Consumers blindly exchange personal data for services, with little regard for the long-term consequences. But there's a movement afoot to build a secondary portal to the web that relies on Blockchain technology to give users freedom over their data. Join pioneers of the first web and the second, decentralized web to discuss how we'll experience it all in the next 5 to 10 years.
- How can we monetize the decentralized web?
- How can we build personal experiences?
- What will it take for the consumer to be educated on their personal data?
- Dries Buytaert, Co-Founder and CTO of Acquia, Creator of Drupal, Acquia and Drupal
- Muneeb Ali, Co-founder and CTO, Blockstack
- Joon Ian Wong, Technology Reporter, Quartz
- Andrei Sambra, Research Assoc/Lead Engineer/Solid, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Erica Orthmann, PR Representative, LaunchSquad
Show me another