Starting Fresh: Designing an Innovative School
Innovation in education is often focused on internal change management, but the last five years have seen an explosion of new school models and the future promises to see even more schools built from scratch across the country. This panel discussion will feature school leaders who are building new schools, focusing on how new schools or programs can act responsibly and intentionally while taking advantage of the freedom to be responsive in such a rapidly changing educational system.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Attendees will understand the challenges of building a new model within the confines of an old system, including how to engage reluctant stakeholders.
- Attendees will develop strategies for designing systems that create authentic learning experiences for students in school.
- Attendees will engage with big questions about how to emphasize a more student-centered approach to school design.
- Martin Moran, Lead Designer and Director of Upper School, Bennett Day School
- Kelly Wilson, Dean, High Tech High Graduate School of Education
- Lisa Palmieri, Head of School and Chief Learning Officer, Holy Family Academy
- Kennan Scott, Founder, CodEd Academy
Martin Moran, Lead Designer & Dir of Upper School, Bennett Day School
Show me another