Be the company you want to keep
David Jones, CEO of Havas Worldwide, is a powerful evangelist of corporate social responsibility within the advertising industry and the larger business world. He proved himself early on to be a visionary, foreseeing and speaking out on the critical importance of responsibility and transparency for corporations, leaders and governments—and social media’s role in establishing it—even before events such as the Arab Spring, the Occupy movement, Kony 2012 and Move Your Money brought these issues to the forefront. David will speak about his view of a future in which digitally empowered consumers, employees and stakeholders will help define a more democratic and sustainable style of capitalism that rewards socially responsible business—and takes down those that misbehave. As his case studies will show, social media now gives unprecedented power to the individual, in particular the young generation, to make their voices heard as never before.
- How has social media changed the way we do business today? What are the macro and micro differences between one-way messages and conversations? What’s the difference between marketing a brand through a social media campaign and traditional advertising?
- What are the new rules in today’s business world? What do consumers expect in this new dynamic/relationship? (Will show marketing examples that have incorporated crowdsourced ideas, customer feedback, designs, etc.)
- What transferrable insights can brand marketers apply to their outreaches from studying how people used Twitter and other social media during social and cultural events?
- Can transparency and responsibility be profitable? (Will show the relationship using brand examples.) Are brands starting to “get” that transparency and responsibility aren’t just something to market, but rather an objective to meet?
- After Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, what’s next? How is social media usage evolving? What platforms are best for different types of brands? For creating campaigns? Where are people spreading messages?
- David Jones Havas
Yvonne Bond Euro RSCG