Career Ready: Close The STEM Gap with Partnerships
Collaborative public private partnerships can offer students new ways to discover STEM careers. Itron, a company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water, worked with Dr. Michael Webber from UT Austin and Disco Learning Media to create interactive resources for STEM literacy. Together they partnered with the Energy Institute High School on a campus-wide adoption of these resources. This case study will reveal outcomes and highlight why partnerships are vital for closing the STEM gap.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Learn why collaboration between Industry and Education is vital for 21st century education and careers.
- Discover how to develop a successful partnership model at any scale.
- Learn why interactive digital resources are key for career readiness.
- Michael Webber, Deputy Director and Professor, The University of Texas at Austin
- Sharelynn Moore, Vice President, Global Marketing and Public Affairs, Itron, Inc.
- Barbara Finberg, Project Based Learning Coach, Energy Institute High School - Houston ISD
Juan Garcia, Pres, Disco Learning Media
Show me another