Afrobeats at SxSW will be the most energetic and innovative event of its kind to be held outside London, Lagos or Accra. Our Afrobeats Panel for SxSW 2013 will celebrate the emerging international Afrobeats scene, as well as bringing the leading performers and DJs from across the world to a new and enthusiastic audience. Afrobeats at SxSW will reveal for the first time to a large US audience just how this hybrid urban sound is carrying the sound and values of old school Afrobeat into the 21st century, as well as drawing on the new musical vocabularies of Dubstep, Grime, Hip Hop, RnB and Reggae. It will offer an opportunity for international audiences, businesses and the media to discover Afrobeats in its broader context, as a global genre. We will use striking art, branding, PR and marketing throughout to uplift and motivatethe SxSW delegates, as we plan to make Afrobeats the music sensation of SxSW 2013!
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is AfroBeats?
- How is Afrobeat and AfroBeats connected?
- What is the future of AfroBeats?
- Who are the main stakeholders in this genre?
- Is this new music genre sustainable?
- Dj Abrantee, TV & Radio DJ , Choice FM
- DJ Edu , Radio DJ , 1XTRA Radio
- Paul Bradshaw , Journalist & Editor , Straight No Chaser
- MC Donaeo , Producer & MC , Zephron
Ammo Talwar, CEO, Punch Records
Show me another