Outsourcing Startup Operations
Outsourcing allows a startup to focus on its core competency, maintain an engineering culture and add leverage to every member of its team. This workshop will cover how an early-stage startup can effectively outsource its ops, so it focus on what it does best: ship an amazing product or service.
This workshop will provide an intensive review of many of Yipit's outsourced operational processes I have developed over the past 5 years. Attendees will leave with a very good sense of how to:
- Utilize contractors to deliver excellent customer service, account management, content, low level BD, reporting, administration, and more
- Marshal human resources through Mechanical Turk, Elance, TaskRabbit and CrowdFlower
- Identify which tasks are appropriate for each outsourcing method
- Ensure scalability through processes and metrics
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can outsourcing make my startup 100% more productive?
- Which tasks are appropriate for which types of outsourcing?
- What shouldn't you outsource?
- How can redundancy, recursion and metrics ensure cheap, simple and high-quality tasks with minimal cognitive overhead?
- What are the ethical considerations for outsourcing?
- Jim Moran Yipit
Jim Moran Yipit
Show me another