How Millennials Fight Cancer
Millennials have a unique set of needs in the fight against cancer, including financially, increased isolation, stalled career development, infertility and loss of independence. We will discuss the recent trends of cancer in Millennials as well as their needs. The panel will discuss innovative diagnosis and treatments as well as the integration of patient centered support services. We will also discuss the use of technology and social media to meet the needs of young adult cancer patients.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Increase participants' understanding of the unique circumstances around cancer in Millennials as well as recent trends of cancer in young adults.
- Identify innovations in the diagnosis and treatment of Millennials with cancer, including the integration of patient centered support services.
- Evaluate the use of technology and social media in providing patient centered care to Millennials fighting cancer.
- Bekkah Schear, Director, Mission Delivery, LIVESTRONG
- Gail Eckhardt, Director and Assoc. Dean of Cancer Programs, LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes, Dell Medical School
- Barbara Jones, Associate Dean for Health Affairs, UT Austin School of Social Work
Nicholas Smith-Stanley, Assoc Dir of Finance & Administration, LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes-Dell Medical School
Show me another