21st Century Field Guide to Color
The 21st Century Field Guide to Color is an multidisciplinary investigation of color’s integrated sensory phenomena. This new model recognizes color for its binary nature as light and pigment. Attendees will discover behind-the-scenes color psychology, track powerful cultural color biases, and use the Chromatic Strategies Tool Kit to optimize communication. Color field knowledge is essential for curious minds to transform difficult color challenges into dynamic real-world solutions.
Additional Supporting Materials
- To examine the physics of light as it relates to color vision.
- To recognize the dynamic emotional triggers of color psychology.
- To demonstrate strategic multidisciplinary applications of an innovative 21st Century Learning Model for exploring color in the classroom.
- Luanne Stovall, 21st Century Field Guide to Color, University of Texas at Austin
- Xaq Pitkow, Assistant Professor, Baylor College of Medicine and Rice University Co-Director, Center for Neuroscience and Artificial Intelligence, Baylor College of Medicine, Rice University
- Leslie Mutchler, Associate Chair, College of Fine Arts; Director, AAH Core Program, University of Texas, Austin
Luanne Stovall, 21st Century Field Guide to Color, The University of Texas at Austin
Show me another