Beginners Mind! Transforming Healthcare Education
“If every 8-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” Dalai Lama. There is growing scientific evidence supporting the use of practices such as meditation and mindfulness to increase health and wellbeing and transform how we approach health and care, teaching and learning. We’ll explore innovative new approaches and technology solutions to help teachers and students, physicians and patients connect with transformative practices.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the greatest challenges facing medical education and training today?
- How do contemplative practices provide support for those facing these challenges?
- How can technology and practice-based solutions be used to connect people to their work and their communities in healthier and more meaningful ways?
- Jeff Genung, President, Contemplative LIfe
- Dr. Carrie Barron, Director of Creativity for Resilience Program, Dell Medical School | The University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Adam Smith, Physician, Coach and Patient Advocate, Dakini Meditative
- Dr. Anna Vu-Wallace, Partner MD, Internal Medicine Solutions
Jeff Genung, Contemplative Life
Show me another