No Margin No Mission: Building Social Enterprises
Social enterprise is not always not-for-profit and having a great idea is not enough to create a sustainable impact venture. Generating revenue via sales or fundraising is critical to the sustainability of social enterprises and your business plan and team should still be at the center of your startup. Learn from experts on how to weave your mission throughout the fabric of your impact venture, while transforming your idea into a business. Join Halcyon for this session to see how we do it!
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can a for-profit startup be a high-impact social enterprise?
- What does it take for a social enterprise to attract capital from non-impact investors?
- What are the unique tools available for supporting social enterprises and maximizing their impact?
- Sheila Herrling, Senior Vice President for Social Innovation, Case Foundation
- William Eggers, Executive Director, Center for Government Insights, Deloitte
- Melissa Bradley, Professor, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
- Ryan Ross, Program Director, Halcyon Incubator, Halcyon
Joshua Mandell, Director of International Policy and Programs, Halcyon
Show me another