Displacement in the Tech City
Today, Austin faces a housing affordability crisis. It is among the fastest growing and most economically segregated cities in the US. Austin's thriving economy is partly driven by expansion of the tech sector. A panel of professionals describes how Austin can build affordable housing and support our existing communities through housing. Key issues include housing affordability, segregation, displacement, and equitable growth.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can Austin protect its most vulnerable communities while accommodating a growing population?
- What can communities do to manage housing challenges brought on by an influx of high income workers?
- What rules must change to make housing more affordable?
- Lee Einsweiler, Principal, Code Studio
- Terry Mitchell, President, Momark Development
- Jacob Wegmann, Assistant Professor, University of Texas, School of Architecture, Community and Regional Planning Department
- Kevin Howard, Associate, Code Studio
Lee Einsweiler, Principal, http://code-studio.com
Show me another